Private Sessions are the quickest way to address a specific neuromuscular or chronic pain complaint with Somatics.
Sessions are done on a table, with client fully clothed throughout. After a thorough assessment, you will be guided through a series of gentle movements. Your practitioner will use hands on techniques to help you quick;y release muscle tension and restore free movement.
What Happens at the first session?
- Review your history.
- Conduct a thorough assessment.
- Discuss your expectations and goals.
- Discus your particular patterns of tension.
- Guide you though some specific Clinical Protocol to address your most dominant patterns of tension.
- Teach you some Somatic Movements to practice at home. (Don’t worry they are easy and enjoyable to do)
- Together decide on a plan of action going forward.
- At the end of all that, if you are happy we will book your next session.
How many Private Sessions will I need and how often will I need them?
How many sessions you need will depend on various factors.
- The severity of the issues
- How much you respond to the work.
- How much you are willing to participate in the process with your home practice
In order to learn the basics so you can have an enjoyable and effective personal practice, plan at least 3-4 sessions.
For optimal results, weekly sessions are recommended. If that is not possible, fortnightly sessions are still effective so long as you are practicing the Somatic movements you learn daily.
When your series of sessions are completed consider attending a workshop once or twice a year, or going to a regular class. The more you learn the better able to look after yourself you will be.
What to wear.
Please wear loose fitting and/or stretchy clothing that is comfortable and allows you to move freely.
Long pants only.
Request and Appointment now. (INSERT EMAIL LINK)